Black Gate Distillery
The first hot climate distillery in the south west. Situated in Mendooran, 45 mins from Dubbo in Central West NSW, Black Gate Distillery is a small, husband and wife operation established in 2009. We enjoy a rural setting and a climate conducive to aggressive spirit maturation. We produce Single Malt Whisky and Dark Rum which are both brewed and distilled on site. The distillery capacity is around 3000 litres of whisky and about 1000 litres of rum annually. We use direct fired copper pot stills of 630 litres and 300 litres capacity that produce spirit on the richer end of the flavour spectrum. We stick with traditional methods, use the highest quality ingredients/casks available and encourage visitors.
Brian Hollingworth - Whisky Distiller. Born in Broken Hill NSW, Fitter Machinist & Automotive Mechanic by trade, School Teacher by accident, Distiller by choice.
Genise Hollingworth - Rum Distiller. Born in Walgett NSW, a woman dedicated to hard work, quality assurance and the art of distilling.
- Our spirits were selected for NOMA Australia
- Our products are distributed nationally throughout Australia
- Genise was selected to speak at 'Tales of the Cocktail' New Orleans
- Dram Club Sydney Hall of Fame: Cask BG005
- Interviewed on 2GB
- Featured in Luke McCarthy's book 'The Australian Spirits Guide'
- BG022 was listed in the November Financial Review as one of the Top 20 Drinks in Australia in 2017
Tours and tastings by appointment - ph 02 6886 1123